Maflora Light is a substrate that creates slightly acidic water conditions that are free of algae and contaminants and ideal for sustainining and propagating water plants, fish, shrimps and other water organisms. It is 100% created from natural, black volcanic soil. The nutrients in the substrate are redily available to plant roots and, at the same time, not available to algae in the water column. The special production process of the Maflora Light substrate gives it a range of unique characteristics that improve the quality and clarity of the water, and encourage long-term stability of its parameters.
- inhibits algae growth
- reduces the number of necessary water changes
- fertilizes plants
- stimulates root growth
- crystallizes water
- stabilizes pH
- increases filtration area
- speeds up biological filtration
Instructions for use
- Do not rinse prior to use.
- Place the substrate in the aquarium. The optimum layer depth is 5–8 cm.
- Gently cover it with water.
- Planting can be commenced right after covering the substrate with water.
- Introduce fish and shrimps only once the system has been stabilized.
- It is not necessary to perform any water changes in the first few weeks after setting up the aquarium.
- This substrate is intended for use in freshwater aquariums only.
- The substrate establishes slightly acidic conditions and decreases pH and KH values. Do not use any material or water conditioners that can disturb this effect.
- Not suitable for fish living in biotope environments with high KH and pH values.
- After being added, depending on the parameters of the water used, the substrate may cause a temporary clouding (which will dissipate after a few hours of filtration), coating, or brown solid on the glass, which will need to be removed mechanically.
The substrate can be slowly de-sludged with the use of a sludge remover with a wide end.
As a result of long-term interaction with the substrate and multiple water changes, some of its properties and shape may be partially lost. In such cases it is not necessary to perform a complete substrate change. The substrate can be gently refreshed while performing water changes by removing 1–2 cm from the top layer with the use of a sludge remover and adding new substrate in its place.
Once the tank has been filled with water, the substrate will stabilize the water parameters and set them at a uniform level, depending on the water used. Avoiding water changes of large volumes (recommended) helps prolong the life of the substrate and maintain stable water parameters.
- 3L Normal (3-5mm)
- 10L Normal (3-5mm)
- 3L Powder (1,6-3mm)
- 10L Powder (1,6-3mm)